Over more than a decade, I’ve helped thousands of students craft winning college essays and gain admission to the schools of their dreams.
I’ve learned what you need to do. (And, just as important, what you don’t need to do.)
Your college essay is the most important factor in admissions when your numbers don’t reflect your true abilities.
I can help you craft college essays that showcase your strengths and make them want to accept you.
That’s why I created these three awesome college admission counseling packages to get you on the right track:
If you want intensive support and mentoring as you prepare your college applications, the Supreme package is best for you. It provides unlimited editing and counseling services for ALL your college applications.
This is a great choice if you want expert help throughout the entire application process and the peace of mind in knowing you’ve done everything you can to maximize your chances of getting into the best possible college for you.
Here’s everything you’ll get:
• Unlimited edits and critiques of essays, résumés, and supplemental essays for ALL your colleges.
• Unlimited phone, Skype, and email consultations about the college application timeline, recommendation letters; choosing colleges; explaining low GPA, low SAT score, disciplinary record, etc.; preparing for interviews, implementing wait-list strategies, negotiating scholarship offers, and more.
As a free bonus, you’ll get proofreading and editing of all final drafts by a professional proofreader, as well as complete access to my college essay video course and premium college application plan.
The Premium provides unlimited editing services for applying to ONE college. This is a great option for students who want expert help applying to their top choice school and will then tailor their materials on their own for other applications.
• Unlimited edits and critiques of your college essay, résumé, and supplemental essay(s) for one specific college.
• A 90-minute phone or Skype consultation to discuss essay ideas and application strategies. As a free bonus, you’ll also get complete access to my college essay video course and premium college application plan.
The Basic provides expert help for students who have already drafted their college application materials. You’ll receive constructive comments and detailed edits to help you make your essays more concise and engaging.
• Three written edits and critiques of your college essay, résumé, and/or supplemental essay (your choice).
• Three 30-minute phone or Skype consultations to discuss ways you can improve your application, as well as any other questions you might have.
As a free bonus, you’ll also get a copy of my premium college application plan.
I also offer “Lightning-Round Sessions” à la carte. If you have specific questions about the college admission process, or you just want someone to make sure you’re on the right track, a lightning-round session is for you. We’ll do an intense, super-valuable 80-minute session, and you’ll walk away with a clear list of next steps.
If you’re interested in speaking with me and potentially working with me, shoot me an email – I typically respond within 24 hours.
How are you different from other college admission counselors?
* Most counselors were great students who got into top colleges without much trouble. It took a while before I was willing to admit this, but I had a lot of trouble in high school. My GPA and SAT scores weren’t nearly high enough for top colleges. I only managed to get into Columbia because I developed a system to showcase my extracurriculars throughout my application. I know what it’s like for students to find the application process difficult because I’ve been there.
* I’ve interviewed dozens of admission officers from top colleges like UPenn, Cornell, UChicago, UC Berkeley, and UT-Austin. Learning from them allowed me to make connections between admissions processes at different colleges and gain a level of insight I previously lacked.
* I release 98% of my information for free. You can learn my thoughts on virtually every aspect of college admissions, then decide if you’d like to work with me.
* Other counselors usually focus just on essay editing. Many offer strategies based only on what they learned from a particular college’s admission office, so they’re only really able to work with applicants applying to a specific college. I’m familiar with the admissions processes used by a wide variety of colleges and can help you adapt your application to whichever schools you’re applying to.
* Many counselors edit college essays on the side to make extra money. I’ve worked full-time as a professional college admission counselor for over 10 years because I actually love it.
Where and how do we meet?
Most students work with me via phone, Skype, or Google Hangout.
Some have asked if online counseling is as effective as in-person counseling. I’ve found it to be just as effective, with no difference in results. Also, with online counseling, there’s no chance of being late due to the commute, and you get to work with the best counselors.
If you’re in NYC, we’ll meet at the Central Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library.
What’s your cancellation policy?
I know things sometimes come up. If you provide 24-hour notice, you won’t be charged. Otherwise, time scheduled will be subtracted from our remaining sessions.
Do I have to do homework?
Yes. I’m only willing to work with students motivated to get into their reach schools. If you’re not willing to put in the time, how can you truly maximize your chances? You’ll leave each session with a reasonable amount of homework I’ll ask you to complete before we meet again.
I know I need help, but I can’t afford it right now.
I understand, but if you don’t invest in yourself, who will? How long do you want to delay the results you want to see in your college applications? Investing in your future takes courage and only you know when you’re ready to take that leap of faith and start improving your applications.
(If it just isn’t possible for you, keep in mind that I offer very affordable college essay courses.)
Why is counseling worth it?
Top colleges charge $40,000-$50,000 or more in tuition per year.
The good news – even just a small improvement in your application can lead to:
-tens of thousands of dollars in scholarships
-getting into better colleges, resulting in higher-paying jobs when you graduate
-graduating with less/no debt
Counseling is an investment in your future. If it helps you get even just a single scholarship, you’ll have made back your investment many, many times over.
I’m in! What are the next steps?
Great! I look forward to helping you get into the colleges of your dreams.
Please email me to schedule a free consultation so I can learn a bit more about your needs and how I can help you. Before our call, I’ll send you a few questions I ask you to answer before we speak. This will help me come to the call prepared to make the most of our time together.
During the call, we’ll talk more about where you are, where you’d like to be, and how I can help you get there. We’ll go through the packages and determine which one best suits your needs. Then, together, we’ll craft a personalized action plan for your college applications!
Still not convinced? Keep in mind that I offer the first consultation with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Try the counseling package of your choice without risking a thing. If you’re not fully satisfied after the first consultation, I’ll give you a full and complete refund.
Why would I offer a guarantee when I don’t have to? I can offer this because I’ve rigorously tested my techniques with thousands of students. I know they work, and I want this to be a no-brainer for you.
I adhere to the Statements of Principles of Good Practice of the National Association for College Admissions Counseling (NACAC) and Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA).